NO ONE CAN CREATE NEGATIVITY OR STRESS WITHIN YOU...
This month at The Skill Collective we're focusing on stress.
Stress is all around us - from the moment we wake up to the moment we fall asleep, we experience a series of thoughts and events that all have the potential to cause us stress. Yet, ultimately, people may react in different ways to the very same event. So what differentiates between those who feel stressed and those who don't?
It turns out that it's something a simple as perspective, or how you interpret an event. Perspective can lead you to:
- See minor obstacles as major catastrophes
- Turn up the intensity of your emotions, for example rather than feel annoyed you may feel rage
- See things as being others' fault when responsibility lies with more than one party
Perspective is the cornerstone of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). CBT looks at how our interpretations can drive up our distress, and looks at modifying these interpretations to reduce the amount of distress experienced.
So, as we focus on stress this month, let's not forget how something as simple as perspective can make all the difference.
Want more? You can connect with The Skill Collective in the following ways:
- Contact us to make an individual appointment to get started on making changes.
- Get access to our FREE resource library filled with exclusive tip-sheets on Wellbeing, Mental Health, and Performance that you won't find here on the blog
- Join our FREE 14-day Wellbeing Challenge. Tailored for busy lives we're talking wellbeing tips for better body, mind, and heart in just 15 minutes a day, delivered straight to your inbox.