THE SKILL COLLECTIVE IS LOOKING FOR A PSYCHOLOGIST WITH A DIFFERENCE!
Our practice is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic clinical psychologist to join us in providing evidence-based treatment for child and adult clients and be part of our well-regarded team. There are also opportunities for non-clinical work in the form of providing training to businesses and organisations on the topics of wellbeing and mental health.
ABOUT THE SKILL COLLECTIVE
Based in Subiaco, our practice consists of a team of dedicated psychologists and administration who provide optimal clinical care to individuals under Medicare, private health, and EAP. We also work alongside an Organisational Psychology team, and at times consult with and provide training to businesses and organisations on the topics of wellbeing and mental health.
We deliver psychology with a difference, with our focus being on:
- Helping people build skills for better wellbeing, mental health, and performance
- Destigmatising mental health and focusing on a skill-building approach to bouncing back and boosting resilience
- Providing quality evidence-based information and resources for individuals via our blog and online resources
WHAT WE OFFER
- Variety in your clinical work, including anxiety disorders, depression, perfectionism, self-esteem, performance anxiety, relationships and communication. There is also autonomy to develop your clinical interests.
- Flexible work arrangements (though note that we have greatest demand for late afternoon/evening sessions)
- Opportunity to take on non-clinical work, including training/workshop facilitation
- A growing practice with strong referrals
- Clinical/peer support from our team and peer supervision, and resources for clinicians and clients
- Full administrative support including accounts and diary management, well-appointed rooms, onsite reception team, email and internet services, marketing services (we also market you to your chosen niche(s))
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- A warm and approachable manner, and the ability to establish good rapport with clients
- Excellent clinical skills particularly in CBT, and experience/interest in additional therapeutic approaches (e.g. DBT, Schema Therapy, ACT, EMDR)
- Experience with, and enjoyment for, working with individuals on performance-related issues (e.g. work, burnout, exam anxiety/preparation, resilience, assertive communication, time management, public speaking anxiety)
- Enjoys working with individuals to bounce back from mental health challenges, and also on building resilience and wellbeing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with good time management and record-keeping skills
- Capacity to work two across a minimum of two days
- A minimum level of Master of Clinical Psychology
- Full registration with AHPRA, with endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist. We will consider Clinical Psychology Registrars nearing the end of their registration period.
- Eligible for Medicare Provider number
- Own ABN and Professional Indemnity Insurance
AND OTHER THINGS ON OUR WISH LIST:
- We encourage those who enjoy working with children and adolescents to apply
- If you have experience facilitating workshops, ideally with demonstrated experience in the corporate sector, we encourage you to work with us! We work alongside an organisational psychology team to deliver training to businesses and larger organisations.
- Mandarin-speaking/Cantonese-speaking (at conversational levels) is also highly desired! (okay, this was a long shot but we thought we'd try! : ) )
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com