IT'S MOVEMBER - GROW A MO + GET MOVING
Movember’s on again, and it’s hip to be hairy for a cause. Grow a Mo, get moving, and raise funds and awareness. What will you do this month to support men’s health?
This year Movember is targeting testicular cancer, prostate cancer, physical inactivity, and poor mental health.
HOW CAN I HELP?
There are simple steps that you can take to help this worthy cause.
1. GROW A MO
That’s the whole point of Movember, isn’t it? To show it on your face that you care about all things related to men’s health. Raise funds and awareness by signing up to Movember and getting people to sponsor you.
2. GET MOVING
This year you can also take the MOVEmber challenge where you commit to moving every day of Movember. Every little bit counts, and you can raise funds for men’s health.
3. LIVE THE CAUSE – get learning, get checking, and get talking
While we can grow a mo or get moving to raise awareness for men’s health, but we can also practice what we preach. Try the following:
- Learn the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer and get examined by your doctor if you have to.
- Find out more about testicular cancer and follow this step-by-step guide to doing a self-examination.
- Move in Movember. However small it may be, make a commitment to move every single day. Simple changes include taking the stairs instead of the lift, going for a walk around the block at lunchtime, or parking further away or getting off one bus stop earlier and walking further to get to work. Just. Get. Moving.
- Learn the signs and symptoms of poor mental health, including anxiety, depression, and problematic alcohol consumption.
- Check in with yourself on your Mental Health or take our Mental Health + Wellbeing Check Up.
- Connect with others in your lives.
4. MO SISTAS, GET INVOLVED!
Mo Sistas, you can do your bit too for the men in your lives!
- Sponsor someone who has committed to growing a Mo or getting moving for Movember
- Get talking to the men in your lives about how they’re travelling mood-wise.
- Get moving with a Mo Bro – be an exercise buddy to your partner, your colleague, or a friend.
- Encourage the men in your lives to keep an eye out for the signs and symptoms of testicular and prostate cancers, and encourage them to do regular self-examination
We’re looking forward to checking out our Mo Bros’ progress in November so keep an eye out for us on Facebook!
Thanks for reading. We hope that you enjoyed it as much as we did writing it.
Did you like this article? If so, please let us know by clicking on that little heart icon at the bottom of this post.
Know someone who might find this of interest? If so, please share with your connections/ social media network.