THE MENTAL HEALTH OF CHILDREN + ADOLESCENTS
By Joyce Chong
What is the state of mental health amongst our youth? While we've previously looked at the mental health and wellbeing of adults (see our previous post and infographic here), and today we're focusing on a snapshot of mental health and wellbeing.
The above infographic is based on a study of over 6000 households with children aged 4-17 years. It examines parents' reports of their children's mental health and wellbeing, as well as the impact on their functioning, help-seeking behaviours, and the role that schools play in supporting students affected by mental health issues.
For a printable version of the infographic click here.
Looking to help a child or teenager manage their mental health? Try:
- Read this article for tips on Building Emotional Resilience in Primary School Children.
- Learn how to Help your Child Deal with Social Anxiety
- Or book an appointment with one of our helpful psychologists for a tailored approach
Want more? You can connect with The Skill Collective in the following ways:
- Contact us to make an individual appointment to get started on making changes.
- Get access to our FREE resource library filled with exclusive tip-sheets on Wellbeing, Mental Health, and Performance that you won't find here on the blog
- Join our FREE 14-day Wellbeing Challenge. Tailored for busy lives we're talking wellbeing tips for better body, mind, and heart in just 15 minutes a day, delivered straight to your inbox.