Updated 24 May 2018
At www.theskillcollective.com we are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to our website. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you according to the Australian Privacy Principles. Therefore, this policy outlines the information that we collect about you and how it is used.
Collection of personal information from you
We collect personal information from users of our website (at www.theskillcollective.com) who provide a service to you. These include, but is not limited to:
- When you submit a contact form we use the information to provide a service to you (e.g. to contact you to book an appointment)
- When you contact us (through our Website, email, phone, fax) with queries or issues and request that we contact you.
- When you subscribe to online resources. The information is used to deliver the resources to you, and you are also sent our monthly newsletter and occasional promotional emails from which you are able to opt out at the bottom of each of the emails that are sent to you. To enhance service delivery of our resources we use Convertkit, an email marketing program. Convertkit collects your email address, name, IP address, device type, unique user device number, device manufacturer and model, type of browser or operating system, dates and times of use, plug-ons, add-ons, locations, and the version of the Services you are using.
Cookies are small files placed in your web browser that collects information about your web browsing behaviour. They help us analyse website traffic to provide a better website visitor experience. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, though they identify a user’s browser.
Should you wish not to receive cookies you may set your browser to refuse them, but this may mean that you are not receiving the optimal service from our website.
Using your personal information for marketing
From time to time we use your personal information for marketing. This may be in the form of our monthly newsletter outlining updated information on our website that you may be interested in, or special promotions or other material that you may be interested in.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional information from us you can unsubscribe at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, please contact us, asking to be removed from our mailing lists. We do not sell your information to advertisers.
Disclosing your personal information
We also reserve the right to disclose de-identified information collected by us in the form of marketing statistics (e.g. patterns of usage across different countries).
We will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent unless:
- The use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with content which you have requested;
- We believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the Company; and/or
- The assets and operations of our business are transferred to a third party.
- Please note that where required by law we are obliged to release the information.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to third party websites, however they are intended for your convenience only and do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites.
Security of data
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information submitted to our website and we periodically update our security measures.
Please note that no data transmissions over the internet can be absolutely guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through our Website and you use our website at your own risk.