BA(Hons), MPsych(Clinical), MAPS
Annie uses a warm and encouraging style, collaborating with you to find the best fit for your needs. She helps individuals work towards living a fulfilling and meaningful life, be it working on improving mental health and wellbeing, or living a life in accordance with one's values. She is particularly skilled in working with individuals on improving the quality of their relationships, and also does couples counselling.
In her work Annie draws from a range of empirically-validated therapies including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Schema therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, and Emotion-focused Couples Therapy.
Annie’s particular strengths lie in assisting people in the following areas:
- Anxiety (Worrying, panic attacks, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety, Phobias)
- Depression + bipolar disorder
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues (Breaking unhelpful relationship patterns, assertive communications, trust and infidelity, building healthy long-term relationships), including Couples therapy
- Living a happy and meaningful life aligned with values
- Emotional eating and eating disorders
- Problematic alcohol use
- Work-related issues (Work/life balance, Managing frustration and anger in the workplace)
Annie enjoys working with clients aged 16+, both individually and in couples therapy. She is skilled in working with individuals from a range of cultural and religious backgrounds (particularly Christian backgrounds).
She trained at The University of Western Australia where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) and her Master of Clinical Psychology. She is a Member of the Australia Psychological Society as well as a Psychology Board-approved psychology supervisor for trainee psychologists, psychology registrars, as well as clinical psychology registrars.
Annie enjoys maintaining a balance between research and practice. She has worked in a research capacity in hospital settings, as well as clinically in both private practice and hospital settings for over ten years. She also teaches Communication Skills at The University of Western Australia to medical students.
She is registered to provide Medicare rebates and major health fund rebates.